Monday, January 30, 2012

Creepy?

We went to Pizza Hut yesterday after church with my parents and some friends. We were all just eating and chatting and a song came on. I noticed right away the song was one that was very popular when I was in high-school.  I don't know the name of the song or even who sang it. I didn't listen to that music in school, but oddly enough I knew EVERY word.

Today I had the song stuck in my head and can't stop humming it. It's kind of disturbing how, with out me noticing, that song has been burned into my memory ( with so many others) and 10 years later I still know all the words.

Lyrics haven't gotten any more appropriate and yet you walk into any store or restaurant and that music is playing. Your mind is memorizing it with out you even noticing. What songs are MY children going to learn? I'm sure ones I don't approve of.

It's sad really.

No comments:

Post a Comment