Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CHAOS!!!

  I have made up my mind...NO MORE CHAOS!!! My house has just been out of control, dirty/clean laundry everywhere, toys all over, dirty dishes miles high, clutter clutter clutter, and we can never see our kitchen table!!! Well my friends I say "bye-bye clutter", "bye- bye piles of laundry", and "hello clean and peaceful house"! I started following Flylady (check it out flylady.net) so now I'm taking baby step to a clean house and a happier family. For the most part this week our kitchen and livingroom have stayed pretty clean and not so cluttered. I'm really bad at being a pack-rat, it runs in my family, but I'm stopping it here! I'm teaching my girls to stay de-cluttered and keep a clean home.

  Sophia has her small chores she does like, putting the silverware away and matching our shoes and putting them by the door. She really loves doing her chores. The minute I open the dishwasher Sophia runs right over to help, even if I'm loading it. I'm glad that I can teach my girls to take care of the house and stuff God gave us.

  I use to think the more stuff I had in my house the more it would look like a home. But then it just got stuffy in our house, we didn't have anywhere to live!! Since I started tossing stuff we didn't need, cleaning has been so much easier and not overwhelming. I quickly pick up toys and dishes before bed and when I wake up in the morning I'm faced with a clean downstairs.....aaaahhhhh what a nice feeling. I actually get up earlier now because I'm not staying in bed dreading going downstairs to chaos :)

  Goals for the rest of this week:
finish laundry
clean bedrooms
pack for trip

No comments:

Post a Comment