Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Little John Douglas...welcome to this world!

Tuesday Feb. 22, 2011 was an amazing day! I got to be a birthing coach for Erika Swanson (not that she needed coaching on her 11th child) But it was so much fun waiting with her to go in for her c-section. At first they were only going to let one person in with her and so I told Heather to go in because she had the camera. They let us both go in but they said one had to sit in the corner out of the way, so I took that spot. Who knew from my corner I would be able to see the whole thing!! It was awesome to see how fast they work and then when they pulled the baby out I started to cry. I got to see this beautiful baby boys first breath, first cry, first moment in this strange new world!!! He was so healthy and beautiful, felt all proud as if it was my child being born. Of course when my children were born I was overjoyed beyond words, but it was a very neat experience to see a baby join this world and not be so exhausted from the joys of labor.

I think I found my calling....I need to become a doula!! I love everything about child birth!!

2 comments:

  1. what a great experience!
    I asked my sister to be with me for this delivery as hopefully it is my last...hope she has the same reaction and is not traumatized for life! lol...
    My friend is a doula, and not only is it an amazing opportunity/job, it pays amazing! :) You should look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Joys of Labor :) I had to smile.

    Truly amazing watching that isn't it!

    ReplyDelete