Saturday, March 26, 2011

have I lost my mind? yup!

You know sometimes as moms we make mistakes...some serious and some not so serious. Somethings are just plane ol' common sense, but it seems like when you have kids common sense slips your mind.

Like last night.....

I put Olivia to bed and thought it would be fun to let Sophia play with playdoh. Sophia doesn't get to play with it much because Olivia will eat it lol. I always give Sophia a cookie sheet and set her at the table, she loves making "pies" and "cookies" with her little rolling pin and cookie cutters. But for some reason I let her play on the living room floor. I still gave her the cookie sheet, while thinking, she always keeps the playdoh on it so it will be ok. HAHA not the case!! Of course she kept the playdoh on the cookie sheet like a good girl, but what I failed to realize is all the little pieces that fall off. For example...when using a cookie cutter with playdoh, there is always the little pieces that stick in the corners of the cookie cutter. Or the parts stuck to the rolling pin.

 My carpet was covered with tiny, little pieces of bright, colored playdoh!

To my surprise, it wasn't hard to clean up! I now understand why my mom always made us play on the kitchen floor. I picked up the larger pieces and vacuumed the rest. There was a couple spots that got stepped on and wouldn't vacuum, but no worries, I just put a wet towel over them and they washed right up.

So this silly mistake of playdoh in the living room didn't turn out too bad. BUT next time my children want to play with this colorful, clump of joy.....it will definitely be at the kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment